Round 1 Preview - Perch Rock - Sunday 30th October

A series of matches run in a league format for "active site members" only, offering laid back introduction to match fishing.
Prescot Angling is kindly sponsoring this years league.

Moderator: spudgun

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Round 1 Preview - Perch Rock - Sunday 30th October

Postby Adam Roper » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:30 pm

So here we go again then with the WSF 2016 Winter League...................

Round 1 sees us kick off at Perch Rock at the mouth of the river on the Wirral side. We have over 40 anglers registered for this years league which means we should be expecting some good numbers in attendance with faces old and new equally welcome!

As ever in the Winter League the format means that everyone is in with a chance right up to the end of each match as one cast can take you from nowhere in the standings right to the top of the leaderboard.

Tactics in these matches are key and it really does pay to do your research on the venues and also think about your approach over the entirety of the match. Those who get two fish on their card in the form of a flat and a round will always be up there in the mix at the end of the match.

Perch Rock offers the opportunity of a wide range of species at this time of year making it a really good venue to start on.

There are Rays, Dogs, Whiting and the chance of an early Codling to go at for your round fish and the ever present Dabs along with Flounder and the chance of a Plaice for your flat fish.

Low Water is at 17:15 and we will be fishing from 14:00 until 18:00.

Booking on will be in the car park behind the fort from 13:00 until 13:30.

Anyone who still wants to order some fresh lugworm for the match please post in the bait thread and all orders will be confirmed by Friday :thumbsup:
2017 Species

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: Round 1 Preview - Perch Rock - Sunday 30th October

Postby Big Kev » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:28 pm

Really looking forward to it Adam.....gunna be more competitive than the Grand National .
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Get in! Leaving the misery of the summer league behind me and all out for some winter action!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stu

2018 Species:[12] Cod, Ting, Dab, Huss, LSD, Flounder, Smoothound, Garfish, Pollock, Mackerel, Pout, Eel

2017:[24]
2016:[14]

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:07 pm

Roll on Sunday, if the big guns from last year had fished all the matches, would have been a different story,
Big Kev, Lee1, Tony1, Richie Fisher etc...
I think local knowledge of this beach will win Sunday, but to be fair, everyone gives advice/tips without question. But there's some seriously competitive people walking out onto the sand on Sunday...
Possibly five of us Sunday, 3 entrants and 2 guests.
See you there folks.... :thumbsup:

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:02 am

Local knowledge? Didn't you pinch it last year Andy?

Stu

2018 Species:[12] Cod, Ting, Dab, Huss, LSD, Flounder, Smoothound, Garfish, Pollock, Mackerel, Pout, Eel

2017:[24]
2016:[14]

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:37 pm

Fishing the NWASAC personal members match next door to you in the rock channel the same day so will see you in the car park probably ,but will be missing the start of the league. One bit of advice to the lads ordering worm , one pack wont see you through half of the match at this time of the year, when i fish club matches there in oct /nov i would expect 40 plus fish in 4 hours.... and thats on 2 hooks. Tight lines and good luck

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:16 pm

davie495 wrote:Local knowledge? Didn't you pinch it last year Andy?

Ha! Yes, was lucky enough to get a couple of fish, but I think this year will be a different story.
For me, the winter league is about learning about the venues, getting great advice from the excellent local knowledge,
AND Mr Duffy is out practising tomorrow at Perch Rock, with his top secret rigs, AND his top secret "Holy" leads, made from Holy Lead, only from the Wirral Church roofs.
What chance have we mortals got? :wave:

geddo
Obsessed Poster

Postby geddo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:39 pm

I'll have to miss this one have my lad this wknd, good luck to all who fish and look forward to Adams report :thumbsup:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:47 am

Don't forget yer headlight. :idea:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

al/c
Regular Poster

Postby al/c » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:20 pm

gutted i,m going to miss this one as i,ve just finished looking at a job. and bolton to perch rock in 10minutes isn,t quite do-able. :cry: good luck to everyone anyway. :thumbsup:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:00 pm

It was a fish filled match with lots of big whiting,dogs,a few dabs and rays....
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Big Kev wrote:It was a fish filled match with lots of big whiting,dogs,a few dabs and rays....

Indeed it was,but getting a ray to land on the bait was the hard part.Probably couldn't get past the dogs and whiting in my peg. :roll: :lol:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Return to “WSF Winter League 2016”