When is it time to fish for Codling?

Noticed a problem with the website or forum ? Want to see something added ? Let us know here
Tom
Obsessed Poster

When is it time to fish for Codling?

Postby Tom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Just wondering when you lot caught your earliest Codling from the shore?
2018: Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Roach, Bream, Gudgeon, Rudd, Perch, Huss, Dogfish, Pike, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Crucian, F1, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass :drool:, Thornback Ray, Smoothound

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Re: When is it time to fish for Codling?

Postby starfish » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:39 pm

they are starting to show now in the river small codling and odd larger ones but it is still a tad early
the next few big tides over the next few weeks should see them coming out in numbers
i had two last week just under 2lb but from up the north east.

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Brilliant, nice one mate. Im proper keen to try and get a cod over 1lb from the mersey shore. That and a 1lb whiting would be cool.
2018: Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Roach, Bream, Gudgeon, Rudd, Perch, Huss, Dogfish, Pike, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Crucian, F1, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass :drool:, Thornback Ray, Smoothound

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Tom wrote:Brilliant, nice one mate. Im proper keen to try and get a cod over 1lb from the mersey shore. That and a 1lb whiting would be cool.

Fish Vale Park and the Town Hall steps over low in a few weeks time and all your dreams shall come true. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Seaforth rocks from mid October usually throws them out,it`s just a shame that we`re very limited with space at the radar tower these days....fishing the ebb from the beach by the radar tower will also produce. You`ll soon know when any are getting caught in numbers from the proms...
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:01 pm

For my money fishing the ebb at Town Hall Steps can be very good from the back end of the month until around Xmas when it dies a death...on the flip side i find Vale Park does`nt come in to form until January....at both marks,the sooner you can get a bait in the water the better.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Nice one guys. Made some cracking Lug n Mack combos before.. got more to make too.

Some homemade booms on 4.5ft 100lb mono, the inexpensive rig that lasts.

I want to spend my hard earned bait not on Whitings. :x :lol:

Fingers crossed there in by the end of the month :love:

Return to “Feedback”