When is it time to fish for Codling?

Noticed a problem with the website or forum ? Want to see something added ? Let us know here
Tom
Obsessed Poster

When is it time to fish for Codling?

Postby Tom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Just wondering when you lot caught your earliest Codling from the shore?
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Huss, Dogfish, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback, Starry, Common SH, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, LS Scorpion Fish, Tompot, Grey, Tub G, Launce, Mackerel, PoorCod, Weever, Cuckoo

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Re: When is it time to fish for Codling?

Postby starfish » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:39 pm

they are starting to show now in the river small codling and odd larger ones but it is still a tad early
the next few big tides over the next few weeks should see them coming out in numbers
i had two last week just under 2lb but from up the north east.

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Brilliant, nice one mate. Im proper keen to try and get a cod over 1lb from the mersey shore. That and a 1lb whiting would be cool.
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Huss, Dogfish, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback, Starry, Common SH, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, LS Scorpion Fish, Tompot, Grey, Tub G, Launce, Mackerel, PoorCod, Weever, Cuckoo

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Tom wrote:Brilliant, nice one mate. Im proper keen to try and get a cod over 1lb from the mersey shore. That and a 1lb whiting would be cool.

Fish Vale Park and the Town Hall steps over low in a few weeks time and all your dreams shall come true. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Seaforth rocks from mid October usually throws them out,it`s just a shame that we`re very limited with space at the radar tower these days....fishing the ebb from the beach by the radar tower will also produce. You`ll soon know when any are getting caught in numbers from the proms...
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:01 pm

For my money fishing the ebb at Town Hall Steps can be very good from the back end of the month until around Xmas when it dies a death...on the flip side i find Vale Park does`nt come in to form until January....at both marks,the sooner you can get a bait in the water the better.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 pm

Nice one guys. Made some cracking Lug n Mack combos before.. got more to make too.

Some homemade booms on 4.5ft 100lb mono, the inexpensive rig that lasts.

I want to spend my hard earned bait not on Whitings. :x :lol:

Fingers crossed there in by the end of the month :love:

Return to “Feedback”