Stuff

Noticed a problem with the website or forum ? Want to see something added ? Let us know here
Tight Lines
I Store My Nuts !

Re: Stuff

Postby Tight Lines » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:49 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:
Big Kev wrote:I thought Taro had been a bit quiet but it turns out he`s still waiting for the site to upload....this server is absolute bollox :!: :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah.I posted this 3 decades ago. :think: :lol:

When you were only 40 :p
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013 -Dab, Whiting

iain
Obsessed Poster

Postby iain » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:55 am

Big Kev wrote:I thought Taro had been a bit quiet but it turns out he`s still waiting for the site to upload....this server is absolute bollox :!: :!:

As in he's not seeing the new server or something else? If he can't get to the new server then he has a DNS issue and we can't do much to fix that other than suggest he talks to his ISP. The current WSF ip address is 94.136.40.103.

If it's something else then let us know what the problem is and we'll see what we can do.

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Ok, this is becoming a bit of a joke now, this site is the slowest I've ever experienced on the internet. I keep getting logged out, messaged with Internal Server Error and when I do get on the pages take a full 30secs or so to change. I know I'm not alone with these problems but surely something has got to be done. Can an Admin or such please tell us what is happening? :?
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Eel Bass G Weever Palometa Bream Butterfly Ray

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:15 pm

iain wrote:

As in he's not seeing the new server or something else? If he can't get to the new server then he has a DNS issue and we can't do much to fix that other than suggest he talks to his ISP. The current WSF ip address is 94.136.40.103.

If it's something else then let us know what the problem is and we'll see what we can do.

I was merely being sarcastic,as in the site is soooo slow :lol:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Tight Lines
I Store My Nuts !

Postby Tight Lines » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Here`s my take on this . . . .

This forum used to be part of Moreton Angling Centre`s website when Chris had it, paid for presumably out of business expenses as it would be classed as advertising. Therefore it was in his interests to keep the website and forum up to scratch. ;)

Now that Chris doesn`t have M.A.C. I think I can safely assume that the site is being maintained purely out of the kindness of someone`s heart (and wallet), therefore savings have had to be made and we can`t have the slick operation that we were so used to in the past. . . . . . Please correct me if I`m wrong on any of this. :think:

At the risk of disturbing a hornet`s nest may I say that I for one would be happy to chuck the odd fiver or tenner into the kitty now and then to help keep things running smoothly. With 2000 members, if only 10% offered a fiver that would be £1000 which I`m sure would keep WSF purring along like a tope chasing a mackerel. :D

So, what does anyone else think? :?:

Better still, maybe some local businesses might want to buy some advertising space on WSF. It wouldn`t neccessarily have to be fishing related.
2013 -Dab, Whiting

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Good idea. :clap:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:11 pm

Now that I've FINALLY got the reply page to reload :evil: I would be more than happy to chip in a fiver or so to keep the site running smoothly. Honest opinion? I think the site will fail within a month or two the way it is now :love:
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Eel Bass G Weever Palometa Bream Butterfly Ray

iank
Obsessed Poster

Postby iank » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:21 pm

I was reading this earlier but gave up. I agree totally and would chip in a fiver.

chriswsf
El Presidente

Postby chriswsf » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:04 pm

Tight Lines wrote:Here`s my take on this . . . .

This forum used to be part of Moreton Angling Centre`s website when Chris had it, paid for presumably out of business expenses as it would be classed as advertising. Therefore it was in his interests to keep the website and forum up to scratch. ;)

Now that Chris doesn`t have M.A.C. I think I can safely assume that the site is being maintained purely out of the kindness of someone`s heart (and wallet), therefore savings have had to be made and we can`t have the slick operation that we were so used to in the past. . . . . . Please correct me if I`m wrong on any of this. :think:

At the risk of disturbing a hornet`s nest may I say that I for one would be happy to chuck the odd fiver or tenner into the kitty now and then to help keep things running smoothly. With 2000 members, if only 10% offered a fiver that would be £1000 which I`m sure would keep WSF purring along like a tope chasing a mackerel. :D

Better still, maybe some local businesses might want to buy some advertising space on WSF. It wouldn`t neccessarily have to be fishing related.

WSF has always been on a separate server and has for 90% of the time been paid for from my own pocket - before i owned MAC, WSF was around and on the web, BLAS took over paying for the servers as part of also running the pass system for the Alex Wall and Seaforth rocks, what has happened in the last few months is that WSF was moved to new servers / hosting company as the hosting company we used was bought out, this is were it seems the problem lies - what the solution is i am not sure

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:23 pm

chriswsf wrote:
Tight Lines wrote:Here`s my take on this . . . .

WSF has always been on a separate server and has for 90% of the time been paid for from my own pocket - before i owned MAC, WSF was around and on the web, BLAS took over paying for the servers as part of also running the pass system for the Alex Wall and Seaforth rocks, what has happened in the last few months is that WSF was moved to new servers / hosting company as the hosting company we used was bought out, this is were it seems the problem lies - what the solution is i am not sure

More drink. :dance:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm certainly no 'techno-whiz', but since emptying my Inbox, Outbox and Sent Messages the pages are loading quicker. Coincidence?? :think:
2018 Species

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Richie Fisher wrote:I'm certainly no 'techno-whiz', but since emptying my Inbox, Outbox and Sent Messages the pages are loading quicker. Coincidence?? :think:

Coincidence.....sometimes it`s fine but the next minute it`s slower than a snail type thing....
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Tight Lines
I Store My Nuts !

Postby Tight Lines » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:43 pm

Okay, that clears up the WSF history. If it`s just lousy server service then it`ll get sorted after Iain`s kicked them hard enough. But if a few shillings would indeed help then I`ll join the sweep :D
2013 -Dab, Whiting

tony big mac
Super Poster

Postby tony big mac » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:35 am

Tight Lines wrote:Okay, that clears up the WSF history. If it`s just lousy server service then it`ll get sorted after Iain`s kicked them hard enough. But if a few shillings would indeed help then I`ll join the sweep :D

I'd through a few bob in.
The shock leaders

spudgun
Reel Master

Postby spudgun » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:26 pm

iain wrote:

Think the WSF IP could have been reported as SPAM and be listed as high risk: http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Con ... d-p/206633

Check Here: http://miracare.mirapoint.com/checkip.html
Even Mindless Violence Seems Boring Today.

Species caught this year:

Gadus morhua
Merlangius merlangus
Limanda limanda
Scyliorhinus canicula
Pthirus pubis
Chlamydia trachomatis

Return to “Feedback”