December Meet....Saturday 4th

This is where we keep our old stuff
Big Kev
The Masterful One

December Meet....Saturday 4th

Postby Big Kev » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:23 pm

The smaller tides will see me on Seaforth Rocks so i`m left with spring tides to work with....as i do not want to fish the proms on Wirral nor do i fancy the low water marks over there i will be doing a 2 part meet on the proper side of the river....
Part 1 will be either side of low water from the beach by SEAFORTH RADAR TOWER
A large keeeebab will follow en route to Part 2 at HALL ROAD for the flood.
Low water at Seaforth is 4.25pm so we will be fishing from 3.30pm til 6pm...chippy tea then fish Hall Rd from 7.30pm til 10.30pm (high water 10pm)....the low water session involves a 10 min walk to reach the beach.....the flood session will see us start on the beach but get pushed up on to the prom about 2 hours before high water. I realise it`s not the usual type of meet as it involves a bit of effort to get to plus it will be mainly in darkness but at the end of the day i want to catch fish :lol:
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss...Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

gilly111
Obsessed Poster

Re: December Meet

Postby gilly111 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:28 pm

hi kev do you need a permit mate :think:
2015 kayak fishing
Watch this space

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Big Kev wrote:The smaller tides will see me on Seaforth Rocks so i`m left with spring tides to work with....as i do not want to fish the proms on Wirral nor do i fancy the low water marks over there i will be doing a 2 part meet on the proper side of the river....
Low water at Seaforth is 4.25pm so we will be fishing from 3.30pm til 6pm...chippy tea then fish Hall Rd from 7.30pm til 10.30pm (high water 10pm)....the low water session involves a 10 min walk to reach the beach.....the flood session will see us start on the beach but get pushed up on to the prom about 2 hours before high water. I realise it`s not the usual type of meet as it involves a bit of effort to get to plus it will be mainly in darkness but at the end of the day i want to catch fish :lol:

Do you have a date in mind. :think:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:47 pm

gilly111 wrote:hi kev do you need a permit mate :think:

Send me £50 and I get you one. :dance:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

gilly111
Obsessed Poster

Postby gilly111 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:00 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:

Send me £50 and I get you one. :dance:

25 its a deal :doh: :doh: :doh: :lol:
2015 kayak fishing
Watch this space

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:
Big Kev wrote:The smaller tides will see me on Seaforth Rocks so i`m left with spring tides to work with....as i do not want to fish the proms on Wirral nor do i fancy the low water marks over there i will be doing a 2 part meet on the proper side of the river....

Do you have a date in mind. :think:

Well spotted :oops: Saturday 4th 8)
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss...Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Re: December Meet....Saturday 4th

Postby FishingFreakJack » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:09 pm

A bit daft not going to be much of a meet :roll: and alot of people off wsf dont have pol saf permits :roll: .

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:13 pm

FishingFreakJack wrote:A bit daft not going to be much of a meet :roll: and alot of people off wsf dont have pol saf permits :roll: .

You can stay in and watch X factor then Jack :lol:

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Postby FishingFreakJack » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:15 pm

Big Kev wrote:
FishingFreakJack wrote:A bit daft not going to be much of a meet :roll: and alot of people off wsf dont have pol saf permits :roll: .

You can stay in and watch X factor then Jack :lol:

not that kinda guy ;)

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:23 pm

No permits required (take note Jack).....for the low water session we will not be crossing any gullies though it will be a little muddy where we`re fishing so don`t wear your best sandals...wellies will do as it`s only ankle deep. At Hall Rd you will need waders if you want to start early as you can get a couple of casts in before having to come back across one gulley...other than that you can get away with an old pair of trainers as you`ll only be fishing from the beach for a short while before getting pushed up on to the prom. At Seaforth the main channel is well within reach so distance casting is not required...at Hall Rd the bigger casters will have an advantage early on but once on the prom a moderate lob will put you in the gulley we had to come back across...the bigger casters will be able to hit a second gulley further out which gives you more options.
I don`t get round to fishing the beach by the radar tower very often,but have always caught there :roll: codling and whiting should show up particularly on the first of the flood. As for Hall Rd i`ve also done pretty well for codling there and if you look at last years reports i fished it a few times in Nov and Dec and though the codling were only small,there was a lot of good size whiting coming out.

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Postby FishingFreakJack » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Big Kev wrote:

No permits required (take note Jack).....for the low water session we will not be crossing any gullies though it will be a little muddy where we`re fishing so don`t wear your best sandals...wellies will do as it`s only ankle deep. At Hall Rd you will need waders if you want to start early as you can get a couple of casts in before having to come back across one gulley...other than that you can get away with an old pair of trainers as you`ll only be fishing from the beach for a short while before getting pushed up on to the prom. At Seaforth the main channel is well within reach so distance casting is not required...at Hall Rd the bigger casters will have an advantage early on but once on the prom a moderate lob will put you in the gulley we had to come back across...the bigger casters will be able to hit a second gulley further out which gives you more options

cool but cant we do some roach bashing on the dee :love:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:30 pm

Just to make things abundantly clear YOU DO NOT NEED ANY KIND OF PERMIT TO FISH THE BEACH

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Postby FishingFreakJack » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Big Kev wrote:

Just to make things abundantly clear YOU DO NOT NEED ANY KIND OF PERMIT TO FISH THE BEACH

I THINK I GATHERED THAT FROM YOUR POST TO GILLY. WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING :?:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:33 pm

FishingFreakJack wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

I THINK I GATHERED THAT FROM YOUR POST TO GILLY. WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING :?:

Sometimes you have to....... :doh:

perimold
Super Poster

Postby perimold » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:03 pm

Anyone from my neck of the woods going? :?:
Sunny north Wales

Return to “Archive”