Bromborough 10.08.08 results

Older Information from NWASAC & PM's Section

Moderator: heather

heather
Obsessed Poster

Bromborough 10.08.08 results

Postby heather » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:39 pm

Bromborough was the last match in are summer series with 35 anglers taking part. The match started 45 min after low on a small tide to try and get more of a productive time into the match, but the fishing still slowed down after 2hrs.
England International Bill Lindfield was going into the match as the favourite and fishing from peg 22 managed to win the match outright with 10 Fish for 2.960, this giving him 3 zone wins and a second in zone including two overall match wins to win the summer league and a trip to Guernsey.
Shaun Ripley (jags) came second in the league,this was an excellent achievement for his first year in the NWASAC Leagues.

1st, Bill Lindfield 2.960kg
2nd, John Waugh 2.300kg
3rd, Shaun Ripley 2.180kg

A zone Phil House 1.870kg
B zone Brian Margett 1.730kg
C zone Derek Bibby 1.490kg
D zone Steve Ball 2.110kg

I would like to thank everyone for attending and supporting the leagues. It was especially nice to see some new faces and hope they will join us in future matches.

wando
The Welsh Wizzard

Postby wando » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:43 pm

thanks to bill an heather for all the hard work,time and effort an a great summer league. I REALLY hope you both deside to do a winter league ;)

Big Hitter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Big Hitter » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:52 pm

Ill second that Wando, Bill and Heather dont get the credit they deserve, they are superb match organisers and they have kept the North West alive. So thanks very much Bill and Heather and i really do think you should do a winter league :D :D :D :D
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

Big Hitter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Big Hitter » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:54 pm

Forgot to say well done to Bill on winning the league and well done to Jags on his second place on his debut year, well done fellas. ;)
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:00 pm

I`ll 3rd that :lol: A lot of people benefit from the time n effort given by a few.....without the likes of Bill n Heather,the angling scene would be far less interesting 8)
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

History

Postby History » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:18 pm

Came up the river in the boat yesterday afternoon .... we thought there was a beach buddy display going on at Bromborough 8) .... any Sole weighed in :?:

heather
Obsessed Poster

Postby heather » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:16 am

there were only 3 sole caught 1 off 37cm equating to 0.600, a 36cm = 0.560 and a 24cm= 0.140.
The bloke next to me had his buddy blown over the wall :cry: , an hr later he still was'nt going to do anything about it, I told him to hook it with a rig, he did and got it back :D :D
einstein or what :roll:

heather
Obsessed Poster

Postby heather » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:30 am

Thanks for the pat on the backs lads. :p :p
Due to are busy match calander We have been trying to pass the job on for a few years but no other mug will take it over. seeing some new enthusiastic keen anglers showing there faces :) and appreciative comments from you lot make it all worthwhile. 8) 8)

Simon
Mooooo

Postby Simon » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:48 am

I fished this one as my first match with them and what a great bunch of people. I may not of done too well in the points (but I diddnt blank !) but picked up a lot of useful tips to improve my fishing.

Just watching some of these guys (and girls) was an education.

Cheers
Simon
It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.

chris.klumpy
Crash Test Dummy

Postby chris.klumpy » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:03 pm

thanks to bill an heather for all there time organising the matches and keeping us all out of trouble over the summer :lol: :lol: ;)

mark-a
Regular Poster

Postby mark-a » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:35 pm

fantastic matches, great organisation.
great competitors always willing to pass on tips and help to everyone
winter league is a must :)

wando
The Welsh Wizzard

Postby wando » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:14 pm

mark-a wrote:fantastic matches, great organisation.
great competitors always willing to pass on tips and help to everyone
winter league is a must :)
you pass on tips mark dont make me laugh.... every time i came to talk to you at red rocks you dived on your little homemade swim feeder as if it was a hand granade...crafty git :lol: :lol: :lol:

mad mark
Hop A Long Cassidy

Postby mad mark » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:02 pm

thanks to bill and heather for all their hard work nice to fish some new venues with a great bunch of lads

JAGS
Obsessed Poster

Postby JAGS » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:30 pm

cheers heather and bill .top marks to you both :D and to all guys it was great meeting up for these matches great to bump into simon well done m8 not blanking ;) well done bill.and to think i picked your peg out aswell :lol: :lol: :lol: cheers jags ;)
http://www.buccaneersbac.com/index.php
THE BOAT ANGLING COMMUNITY
HOME OF THE SAN MIGUEL

davinski
Willy Wonka but needs a Humpalumpa

Postby davinski » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:54 pm

A good season :) :) Learnt a lot about venues bait and rigs etc. Thanks Heather and Bill :) :) Great Organisation. Will be back next year. Nice one for Richard on the news letters :) Great format and read, has obviously put a lot of effort in to producing it :) :)
Put me down for the 2 day fest in December :)
Sea fishermen are born honest. But they soon get over it.

Return to “NWASAC Archive”