HELP !!!

Use this section for all your reel questions
wxm
Regular Poster

HELP !!!

Postby wxm » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:20 pm

I have got a new abu 6500 ct 3 mag elite and had seen it mentioned the mags were set to off and would need releasing.

I opened the reel up and followed the instructions but when I put the side back on the slider does not operate,it is too tight to move.

Do you have to have the slider in a certain position before putting the side back on.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: HELP !!!

Postby Big Kev » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:11 pm

Yes....it can be a pain to get that back on in the right position,which is why you only do it the once :badgrin:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Postby wobbler72 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Big Kev wrote:Yes....it can be a pain to get that back on in the right position,which is why you only do it the once :badgrin:

Is correct :badgrin:
Kev

wxm
Regular Poster

Postby wxm » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:03 pm

Big Kev wrote:Yes....it can be a pain to get that back on in the right position,which is why you only do it the once :badgrin:

:D give us a clue then kev.

by the way after seeing your post on pensarn I fished it last night for the 1st time,i now know what you meant when you said tide comes in fast.

I noticed several were fishing opposite the statics,and may try it there next time as climbing them boulders was tough due to health problem.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:13 pm

This might give you a CLUE
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:24 pm

Have never had to do anything tech with the mags :think: Normally just move the dial to the required position with a bit of trial and error.Never had to open it up to adjust the mags. :naughty:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:19 pm

If you drive in front of the static caravans, right to the end, the last walkway/access before the end, fish in front of there. I fished it a lot last year, and that's where last years summer league match was held. There was a couple of blokes from Wrexham, fishing next to me, and one of them had a Bass to 5lb odd on my scales. Good spot...

wxm
Regular Poster

Postby wxm » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Big Kev wrote:This might give you a CLUE

Thanks Kev.I had followed this video yesterday,so had another look an hour ago,and realised the problem was the brass spring was not bent upwards enough on mine so a little tweak and it now works fine.

Great videos by spud gun

wxm
Regular Poster

Postby wxm » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:58 pm

AndyJ wrote:If you drive in front of the static caravans, right to the end, the last walkway/access before the end, fish in front of there. I fished it a lot last year, and that's where last years summer league match was held. There was a couple of blokes from Wrexham, fishing next to me, and one of them had a Bass to 5lb odd on my scales. Good spot...

Thanks Andy I will have a go at this spot,maybe sunday or monday

Return to “The Reel Room”